Sunday, February 21, 2010

Back by Popular Demand!

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. Time seems to get away from me. Life has been crazy and hectic over the past several months.

Facebook has been recommended. I have an account-not intentional but have one all the same. Looking for feedback...would it be easier for you all to follow my medical updates via this blog or facebook? I could do both for those of you who do not participate with facebook.

So...an update. The girls are great! Alayna loves second grade. She is really blooming and becoming her own person. She has been studying dinosaurs and enjoying the projects. Khaya is bouncing up a storm. She loves to be active. She goes non-stop. She is very funny. Darrell is also great! He is enjoying the work he has been doing lately. Very busy. I am trying really really hard to be great. I have been struggling and need to get back on the positive and driven path. I have lost some "steam" and have to find it again. I have been working on it-slowly.

My tumor marker numbers have increased monthly for the past 3 months. We are not sure what this means at this point. We (me, Darrell, and my oncologist) are concerned but don't want to act to quickly to change treatment. I have been on this current form of treatment for the last year. We want to get as much out of it as we can as it is not an option to go back on it after we change. I need and want this treatment to last a lot lot lot longer as I really don't want to change treatment and definitely don't want to go back on "hard core" chemo.

My scans (MRI's and PET SCANS) which I had done in Jan. all looked good. No new growths. My onc. said that this is why she is conflicted. Scans good. Tumor marker trend-not so good. She did share that it could take months for the new growths to show up on scans. She asked me to hold on. I have tx again on 3/4. We will see what my tumor marker is then and go from there. If it is up again, Darrell and I will go down to Dana Farber and meet with Dr. Meyer for a consultation appt. There is a clinical trial down there. I might qualify for. Will keep you all posted.

I will have a mammogram in March and scans in April.

Today is a sunny day. I am grateful for that. I am eager for spring.

Well, I hope that you are all well, happy, and healthy. I look forward to your responses.

Take Care,

Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    I'm shocked and I don't know what to say. My heart goes out to you and Darrell ... and your girls (I had no idea you had another daughter, congratulations!). It's been years, and I know our friendship has been strained, but I'm always here if you need a friend. (Hugs)
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I dont know what to say either. I will keep you in my prayers. My email is steven@emersononline.net and cell is 231-632-3432, call me sometime would love to catch up.

    God Bless You

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - so glad to have your blog available -
    we are not accustomed to facebook but are capable of learning !!! Whatever works for you will be fine with us both. You wrote about having a good grasp of your tests and possible future sources of treatment. Sounds like a great plan - you are dealing with what you know
    and using your own knowledge along with all the
    medical advice; what you choose has to feel right to you.There are so many positives in your life - what a terrific family you have. That means more than can be measured. Ken and Barb had
    a swell time in Fla. - we thought it was too chilly at times - they were ok and your dad swam
    at odd times to us !!! Glad they are able to travel and enjoy so much now - their e-mails are very fun to read. We loved having them nearby.
    We know you are on the right paths and willing to shift when needed. Keep it up - stay with it -
    do what you need to do. We love you too and will
    be looking for a message again. Love from us, Liz and Dick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you Lisa. Thank you for the blog, it will remind me to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Lisa,

    For some reason I was going through my messages and found this one today.. the universe works in mysterious ways.

    You have always amazed and touched me with your strength and positive approach to huge and unimaginable challenges that you've been facing. Your family and friends are so blessed to have you. I know you feel the same about them. Sending a huge cyber hug to you and praying for a direct immediate connection to the divine source of love. If we had that cup of tea we've talked about I'd say to you this in frienedship and love; "Try to let go of business of the appointments/ the reasoning/the rationalizing....breathin deeply and let love surround you and fill you up completely with each breath and BELIEVE in miracles. They happen.... all the time.

    PS If either of the girls would like to come for music - they are always welcome- I would love to keep the music growing in the family... ( my gift to you/them )

    Peace and love,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa and Family,
    So glad to hear the great news. We played dominos with Mor and Dad this weekend and had a great time, as always. We got to see the pic's from their trip and it looks like they had a fun time, even with the cold weather. They told us then about the great news on your tests and thought I would check your blog and get caught up on the news. This is such great news...keep up the good work and as always, we'll keep you in our prayers...Cheryl and Larry

    ReplyDelete